Facial Vein Treatment Traverse City and Cadillac, MI
What is Veingogh?
Veingogh is a microburst technology that delivers microburst of heat using a fine probe-like insulated needle smaller than a strand of hair. At Northern Michigan Vein Specialists, we offer Veingogh treatment for facial veins.
Does It Hurt?
Since the procedure uses a very fine probe-like insulated needle that delivers heat that is inserted into the spider vein, there can be a stinging or pinching sensation. Prior to your procedure, we will use an anesthetic gel which we applied to the areas that will be treated to decrease the uncomfortable sensation. You will also receive a small ice pack to apply during the procedure.
Will These Spider Veins Come Back?
The veins treated with Veingogh are destroyed and will not return. However, nothing can be done to prevent your body from forming new spider veins. New spider veins. We cannot cure venous disease but we can control and maintain. Most patients require 1-3 sessions. This is only a guideline and your individual case may be different. However, nothing can be done to prevent your body from forming new spider veins.
We can also use sclerotherapy and microphlebectomy on larger veins on the forehead.
How Long Will My Treatment Take?
A Veingogh session usually takes 15-30 minutes. Every patient is different, and the number of sessions needed varies depending on the amount of spider veins to be treated. Most patients require 1-2 sessions, however, this is only a guideline and your individual case may be different. You should begin to show improvement immediately and over the next 3-6 weeks.
Are There Any Restrictions On My Activity?
There are no restrictions except exposure to the sun. After 72 hours sunscreen may be applied.
Will My Facial Appearance Be Affected After The Procedure?
Common Post-Treatment Facial Appearance
- Bruising: May occur around the treated site and can last several days or weeks.
- Blistering/Mild Skin Burn/Bumps: May occur resulting from the Ohmic Thermolysis treatment. Usually resolves in a few days, but may last a few weeks, especially after treatment of large areas.
- Pain: The treated area may be tender to the touch and/or itchy after treatment. This discomfort is usually temporary.
- Scabbing/Sloughing of Skin: The treated area may scab/slough, especially after treatment of large area. Usually resolves in a few weeks.
- Swelling: May occur after treatment. It usually resolves in a few days, but may last a few weeks, especially after treatment of large areas.
- Spider Veins: May occasionally recur in the same or surrounding area.
Schedule a Consultation
Northern Michigan Vein Specialists proudly provides patients with hand and face vein treatments in Traverse City, Cadillac, Manistee, Big Rapids, Houghton Lake, Salut Ste. Marie and Grayling, MI. Contact us at (231) 946-1488 or fill out a Contact Form here.